Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Victoria Day!

Today is Victoria Day in Canada, and it's a national holiday, so like most of the rest of the country, I'm taking the day off and will not be posting an auction today. It will be up tomorrow though! This long weekend is traditionally the time when we plant our gardens, since the threat of frost is officially over. I bought all my tomato plants and pepper plants yesterday, but I won't be planting them today - I'll wait until next weekend. In the meanwhile, I'll be doing a lot of weeding this week, and experimenting with different methods of keeping the neighbor's three cats out of the garden. So far the curry powder I sprinkled seems to be working! They do do a lot of damage, but it's hard to stay mad at them because they're just so darn cute. I'll leave a little bit of the front flower bed unstinkafied for their convenience.
=(^..^)=

No comments: